Tips on Tag Placement for Consignment Store Items
by Andrew Parros, Store Staff
To avoid damage to items and assist the staff with check-out, here are some suggestions on attaching tags to items submitted to the Consignment Store.
- Scotch tape or low-tack tape should be used.
- Anything still in shrinkwrap can have the tag taped on anyplace.
- Magazine bags are recommended. Any item that will fit in one should be placed inside, and the tag taped to the outside.
- Books with slick covers (Palladium, for example) can have the tag taped on the cover. Please use scotch tape or low-tack tape for these.
- Boxed items or delicate books can have a strong rubber band or length of string put around it. Place the tag under the band/string, and then put a piece of tape over it onto the tag. This keeps the tape off the item, avoiding damage.
- When possible, completely tape both short sides of the tag. (It is not necessary to tape around all four sides of the tags, as this slows down removal at the register.)
Any questions can be directed here. I will answer as best I can.
<%@ include file="_LastModifiedDate.jsp" %>